Since I started this blog (and started reading other blogs in the mummy genre) I’ve come across a new feature of blogging that I’d never heard of before. Linkys (link parties, blog hops, link ups whatever you’d like to call them). Essentially, someone acts as host on their blog, sets the theme, the date for open and closen and of course the rules. Everyone else adds links from their blog posts to that linky post within the set time and theme. Rule number one for most of them is to have a link back of badge of the linky displayed on the post. And the other rules are usually around commenting on other posts in the linky to make it a community.
There are so many of these its hard to know which to join in on. To encourage myself to join in more I’ve compiled a list of the ones I’m thinking of joining onto this page, split out by start day so I don’t forget to join in.
Jenna and Anne.
1st of each month.
Linking up with Jenna and Anne for what I am "Currently..." doing according to their prompt words (which are different each month).
My posts: http://www.chocolatemilkforbreakfast.co.uk/search/label/currently
<div align="center"><a href="http://bodfortea.co.uk/share-the-joy-linky" title="Share the Joy linky at bodfortea.co.uk"><img src="http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h471/bodfortea/Sharethejoybadge.jpg" alt="Share the Joy linky at bodfortea.co.uk" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Twitter: #sharethejoylinky @bodfortea
1) Link up posts that have brought you JOY – any genre, shiny new posts or old favourites!
2) Link back to me either by including the Share the Joy badge or a text link back to this Share the Joy linky page in your own post.
3) Please comment on one of my posts and a few others. Let’s Share the JOY through commenting as well as through our posts!
<a href="http://www.mummybloggers.blogspot.co.uk/p/our.html"><img src="http://i60.tinypic.com/11ghkra.png" /></a>
A linky on any topic you wish, running from Monday-Friday weekly.
1. You must add the above code to the post you have linked up to so the picture is added.
2. Comment on at two blogs post in front of you on the list, more is appreciated if you wish. Use the #mummymonday in comments so people know where you stopped by from.
3. Only one entry per blog.
Not complusary but Twitter Hashtag - #mummymonday (please use this hashtag so others can see your posts, also use #mblogchat and tag us as well at @mummy_bloggers)
<div align="center"><a href="http://becomingastayathomemum.com/category/parenting-blogs/maternitymondays/" title="MaternityMondays"><img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/cazzabella2304/MaternityMondays_zps8b777e9a.jpg" alt="MaternityMondays" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Celebrating all aspects of pregnancy and parenthood.
The linky is open Mondays only from 6.30am to midnight.
Please grab our badge and share the linky love by commenting on a few other blog posts
Don’t forget to tweet your link using #MaternityMondays, and if you tag us in we will retweet, we are @EmmaLander2 and @BecomingaSAHM
<a href="http://www.kathewithane.com" title="MaternityMondays"><img src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gWiSCP3Qpvw/VEWprfgz4iI/AAAAAAAADSs/zyf6HAQVbts/s1600/PartyBanner.png" style="border: none;" /></a>
Feel free to link up anything you have created (recipes, decor, crafts, written or photographed). Anything you are so proud of you just gotta share it with others.
We would love it if you would link back in some way so that others come and party with us. Either grab the party button or add my blog link to your post or on your blog party page. But again, it's not required.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.snowingindoors.com" title="snowingindoors"><img src="http://www.snowingindoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Point-Shoot-Linky-Badge_snowingindoors.com_youbabymemummy.com_.jpg" alt="snowingindoors" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
The concept is really simple, you’re sharing your weekend with the rest of the blogging community. It can be one picture or a whole bunch, it is up to you. An accompanying story is also fine with us. Point + Shoot goes live every Tuesday morning.
1. You can link up to 1 post per week! Be sure to paste the Point + Shoot badge on the post you would like to link up (code below – paste it into the HTML option of your blogging platform).
2. Comment on the host’s post to say hi!
3. Comment on at least 2 other links – share the love, it is what linkies are all about.
4. It would also be great if you could share your post and the linky party (using the hashtag #PointShoot) on your social media channels to help grow the community. Em and I will also retweet all your posts via Twitter if you mention us in your tweets! (@youbabymemummy/@snowingindoors)
<a href="http://honestmum.com/category/brilliant-blog-posts/"><img style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; display: block;" src="http://i.imgur.com/fJzNWoE.jpg" alt="Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com" width="301" height="189" /></a>
Brilliant Blog Posts linky #brillblogposts offers you an opportunity to share recently written posts and/or archived ones you want to champion, posts which are important to you.
Simply add the url to your post/s (new, old, as many as you like), add my badge or link back on your post and don't forget to share the blog love
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.superbusymum.net" title="Super Busy Mum"><img src="http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/Tandier/MMWBH-2.jpg" alt="Super Busy Mum" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
EVERY post of EVERY genre is welcome to link up. Old & New posts are very welcome.
ThursdayNot found any Thursday editions yet.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.youbabymemummy.com" title="The List"><img src="http://youbabymemummy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Badge-150-x-150.jpg" alt="The List" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Link up your old and new list posts
The List will go live on Friday mornings and will stay open for a whole week.
1. You can link up to 3 posts per week! Be sure to paste The List badge on each post you would like to link up (code below-paste it into the HTML option of your blogging platform).
2. Comment on this post to say hi!
3. Comment on at least 2 other links-share the love man, it's what makes this community great!
4. It would also be amazing if you could share your post and the linky party (using the hashtag #TheList) on your social media channels to help grow the community. We will retweet all your posts via Twitter if you mention us in your tweets!(@youbabymemummy/@mumsdays)
<a href="http://what-about.co/"><img class="aligncenter size-thumbnail wp-image-5308" title="Show Off Friday Button" src="http://what-about.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/show-off-friday-button-150x150135.jpg" alt="" width="125" height="125" /></a>
There are no major rules here.
-Family friendly please
-Visit a few other bloggers and make their day with a friendly comment or pin
<a href="http://asortafairytale.com/"><img src="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LJ0NEy8Zod4/VQP2SQ9B5ZI/AAAAAAAASJg/dvIO4T2tkfA/s1600/blog%2Bhop%2Bbutton.png" width="150" height="150" /></a>
This hop will run every week from Friday morning(ish) to Sunday night. No rules, link up anything! As many links as you want. Taking a button is optional. Remember, visiting other links is what makes blog hops work!
<a href="http://www.twinmummyanddaddy.com/p/binky-linky.html" title="Binky Linky"><img src="http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/emily_higgins1/BinkyLinkyBadge_zps6c7e0adf.jpg" alt="Binky Linky" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
1. Link up your best post of the week below
2. Visit other peoples posts and leave a blog comment on at least 3 other blogs
3. Share this linky via Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest etc using the hashtag #binkylinky
4. Follow other bloggers via their social networks
5. Every Friday at 12.01am until 11.59pm on Sunday, this linky will be open to share your posts
6. Please include the linky badge or a textlink onto the linked blog post or sidebar so people can find the link easily and to see other peoples entries
<a href="http://www.thedadnetwork.co.uk" title="The Dad Network"><img src="http://www.thedadnetwork.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/image-e1423257811431.png" alt="The Dad Network" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
#1 Write to your hearts content & link it up or link an existing post, just remember to add the badge below or link back to The Dad Network :)
#2 Add your link by using the commonly found (& convenient) linky button. That will add your image and link to this post.
#3 Leave a comment on the hosts main blog post and on a few other links that tickle your fancy. Please comment on at least 2 posts for every 1 post you link up. (As well as the hosts posts!)
#4 Don't forget to tweet about it! #bigfatlinky
SundayDay of rest (for now).
More link parties libraries: